CorelCAD 2015 Brings Industry-Standard 2D & 3D CAD Features at Competitive Price
Some of you have the need to work with CAD files, specifically to import them into CorelDRAW. This doesn't always go as well as you would like. A big benefit to CorelCAD is that it is designed to open CAD files and has the ability to save to CDR format. In this case, it makes a very good conversion tool.
Others have limited CAD needs and try to create those drawings in CorelDRAW. Depending on the project, it may work well. For other projects you really need something more. For those situations, CorelCAD might be one of the easier CAD products to learn and it is priced well below tools like AutoCAD.
For all of the details of the new version, look over the press release below. I've included links that take you directly to the product page on Corel's site where you can purchase and/or download a free trial.
New CorelCAD™ 2015 Brings Industry-Standard 2D and 3D CAD Features at a Competitive Price
Latest Release Highlights Precise Drawing Constraints, Expanded 2D Drafting and 3D Design ToolsCorel® released CorelCAD™ 2015, the latest version of its powerful and affordable CAD software. CorelCAD 2015 provides the must-have tools for 2D and 3D CAD design, comprehensive support for native .DWG files and CorelDRAW® graphics, and automation capabilities that deliver impressive speed and performance on both a Windows and Mac platform. With new features, such as parametric drawing capabilities, a pop-up dimension palette and enhanced in-place text editing tools, users can immediately improve their design productivity.
"CorelCAD 2015 delivers one of the strongest and most cost-effective CAD software solutions for users of all levels," said Klaus Vossen, Senior Product Manager for Technical Graphics, Corel. "It's one of the best choices for architects, engineers and other CAD professionals because of its affordability, familiar ribbon UI and extensive file compatibility. The new parametric design capabilities accelerate productive design workflows. With an extensive set of 3D design tools, CorelCAD 2015 is the ideal software for 3D enthusiasts looking for an affordable 3D design application with 3D output capabilities from concept to finished goods."
With the state-of-the-art ARES® CAD platform, CorelCAD 2015 offers intuitive new features and enhancements to complement any CAD project:
- NEW Drawing Constraints (Parametric Drawing) for Windows Increases drawing precision by applying dimensional constraints to ensure 2D designs meet exact proportion, angle and size requirements by forcing a geometric shape to perform in a specified way.
- NEW 2D Editing Tools Maintains the attribute values while exploding blocks to editable shapes with the ExplodeBlockX, the DiscardDuplicates tool simplifies geometry, and the interactive trim path precisely trims curves and corners on screen.
- NEW Pop-Up Dimension Palette Displays dimension text formatting and property settings on screen for quick editing and easier control of frequently-used settings.
- ENHANCED In-Place Text and Table Editing Creates or modifies existing text with the ability to quickly stack text and paste formatted text from Microsoft Word within a project. Inserts, deletes, merges or resizes cells, rows and columns within existing tables to quickly include important text or instructions into any drawing.
- ENHANCED Windows Ribbon User Interface (UI) Enhances productivity and allows users to easily transition from other CAD programs with customizable Windows ribbon UI workspaces.
Pricing and AvailabilityCorelCAD 2015 is available in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Brazilian-Portuguese, Czech, Polish, Russian, Turkish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean. North American pricing is $699 (USD and CAD). Registered CorelCAD users of any previous version of CorelCAD, CorelCAD 2013 and CorelCAD 2014 are eligible for an upgrade price of $199 (USD and CAD). Education and volume licenses are available, offering flexible hybrid solutions on Windows and Mac operating systems.
About CorelCAD SoftwareCorelCAD is an affordable and powerful CAD software solution for precise 2D drafting and 3D design. With industry-standard CAD features and advanced .DWG support, it is a true CAD solution for architectural and mechanical CAD needs.
Boasting some of the industry's best-known brands, Corel's product lines also include CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, CorelDRAW® Technical Suite, Corel® Painter®, Corel® PaintShop® Pro, Corel® PDF Fusion™, Corel® VideoStudio® and Corel® WordPerfect® Office. For more information about CorelCAD software, please visit www.coreldraw.com/corelcad.
© 2014 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved. Corel, the Corel logo, Corel Balloon logo, CorelDRAW, Painter, CorelCAD, PaintShop, PDF Fusion, VideoStudio and WordPerfect are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation and/or its subsidiaries in Canada, the U.S. and elsewhere. All other trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.