Not a day goes by where a CorelDRAW
user doesn't beg for more desktop publishing features in CorelDRAW. I really wouldn't hold your breath for these features. Instead, it is in your best interests to find a publishing tool that works the best for you for usage in conjunction with CorelDRAW.
Today I want to introduce you to Serif PagePlus X4
as it packs a lot of bang for the buck. Is it the most powerful tool available? No. But it is also priced under $100 and will meet the needs of many users.
According to the product page, here are the highlighted features:
- Open and edit documents from anywhere with impressive PDF editing
- Get great results fast using templates, ready-made artwork, and learning zone videos
- Create virtually any document type with a massive range of publishing possibilities
- Be compatible with images, graphics, text files and your chosen print shop
- Edit and enhance photos with an impressive built-in PhotoLab
- Design logos and other artwork without leaving PagePlus X4
- Print at high quality on desktop printers, at any size, even double-sided
Some of the included features will duplicate tasks you can complete in CorelDRAW or Corel PHOTO-PAINT. Yet you might find the Photo Lab included with PagePlus to be quicker for fixing some photos. You'll also find wizards for some of the most common tasks that will speed the production of your document. One feature I always find important when laying out pages is the ability to anchor a graphic to the related text so that it will flow automatically as text is added or deleted. If nothing else, you'll want to download the free trial
and give it a look. While I can't guarantee it will work, you can also try coupon code "PPX4E183" as it may save you a significant amount if you want to purchase.