5 Quick SEO Tricks To Boost Your Ranking
- Always use ethical, "white hat" SEO techniques. You can learn about what is ethical and what isn't just by reading the terms and conditions of different search engines. These methods include false redirection links, hiding content on your site or using fake pages designed to draw traffic to your site. These "black hat" techniques are very efficient but will be the reason your site is banned or penalized.
- Writing quality content. Providing your audience with helpful articles and tips will get them to visit your site more often and share your content with more people. You will get more visits and your site's rank will increase in search results because of its popularity. The organic SEO technique is the most efficient way to get your site to rank higher in search results. You should always do your best to create quality content for your audience and develop an ethical SEO campaign as well.
- Your site should be organized in a logical way. Your visitors should be able to find the information they are looking for easily. Use descriptive titles for your articles and have an archive for your old articles. Use site-wide links to draw attention to your most important pages, make sure all your pages and articles are easy to access by using links within your content. Creating an XML site map and upload it to the search engines so that search engine spiders can navigate your site more easily.
- Find five strong keywords that relate to your products. Google AdWords and similar tools should be used to learn more about search volumes and which words your competitors are using the most. If you have different sections on your site, choose five primary keywords and some secondary ones too. Optimize your site with keywords by placing them in your titles, the anchor text of your links, your meta tags, meta description and the alt tags of your images.
- Get some back-links to your content on different websites your readers may visit. Write good quality articles and generate your own back-links by sharing them on article directories, online encyclopedias and social networks. Some other webmasters and bloggers will feature your content and share links to your site if you create partnerships or simply create content that is useful for their audience. Don't waste time posting hundreds of links on message boards or commenting on blogs. One way to draw traffic with back-links is to get a small number of back-links featured on pages your audience will see. Make sure all your back-links are optimized with keywords you have used on your site.
This is a guest post to the Graphics Unleashed Blog by Doug Dickson. Doug Dickson is President and Chief Energizing Officer of Print Source One, one of the Arizona's leading printing companies. His clientele includes all of America's largest financial and insurance companies, celebrities, as well as top professionals in the medical, plastic surgery dental and orthodontic specialties. Mr. Dickson is well known for his ability to analyze Web sites and help them achieve front page listings in Google, a process known as Search Engine Optimization (SEO). He is an industry expert and has been recognized by Google as a Certified Adwords Partner.